Holstein Northern Ireland has announced details of the Causeway Classic Sale II, which takes place at the RUAS Showgrounds, Balmoral on Wednesday, August 11, 2010.
Launching Holstein NI's Causeway Classic II are club officials, Julie Wallace, John Martin and John Patterson
Picture: Kevin McAuley
The event is generously supported by Gold sponsors, Holstein UK, Genus ABS and United Feeds. The catalogued entry features 32 maiden Holstein heifers, and two Jersey heifers, all bred from world-class families.
Holstein NI chairman, John Patterson said:” Last year’s Causeway Classic formed part of the Centenary Anniversary celebrations.
The two-day event was a tremendous success, with the sale of elite heifers achieving a 20,000gns European record for an unborn heifer calf; while the 24 lots on offer sold to average over £4,000 per head.”
“We are delighted to announce details of the Causeway Classic Sale II. Herds in the Province boast some of the finest Holstein bloodlines available, and Holstein NI is privileged to host this event which will act as a shop window for Northern Ireland genetics.”
John Patterson, right, chairman, Holstein NI, pictured with Gold Sponsors of the Causeway Classic Sale II,
from left: James Woods, Genus ABS; Norbury Royle, United Feeds; and John Martin, Holstein UK
Picture: Kevin McAuley
Buyers will be spoilt for choice, and all prospective purchasers are assured that the catalogue comprises of one of the most exclusive selections of Holstein heifers available in the UK and Ireland. All entries have been rigorously inspected and individually selected by Holstein UK’s classification executive, John Gribbon. Strong emphasis has been placed on pedigree, type, components and future potential, with all heifers boasting at least three generations of EX or VG.
John Gribbon said: “The catalogue for the Causeway Classic Sale II features an exceptional choice of Holstein genetics. The impressive line-up of heifers offers breeders an investment opportunity and the chance to acquire bloodlines which will enhance any herd or breeding programme.”
The sale catalogue features many exciting individuals, but a few of the headliners include:
- A daughter from the reserve All American 2 Yr old and 4 Yr old EK-Oseeana Ambrosia EX95 5E sired by the world’s leading locomotion sire Braedale Goldwyn. This lot is a full sister to last year’s 20,000gns Causeway Classic record breaker.
- The UK’s number one Index heifer out of a VG88 Goldwyn from the Froukje family sired by Mascol with a PLI £216.
- First in Europe from the Pinetree Missy family, a Planet heifer sells with contract interest.
- Exclusive in the world, 14 generations of straight Excellent dams from the Pinehurst Rosa family.
A host of world famous families are featured, including: Ashlyn, Amanda, Laurie Sheik, Raven, Rosina, Roxie, Ivory, Finesse, Tab Maude, Sara. Leading home-bred families include Ruth, Daphne and Ethel.
Many of the world’s top bulls are represented with daughters selling by Shottle, Million, Goldwyn, Toystory, Atlas, Tennyson, Planet, Bolton, Roumare, Baxter, Alexander and an early Mac.
A warm welcome is extended to everyone to attend Holstein NI’s Causeway Classic Sale II which will be conducted by auctioneers, R A Noble and Co (Clogher) in conjunction with Harrison and Hetherington (Carlisle).
The event offers something for everyone with a selection of commercial trade stands, a charity auction, and a Steak BBQ with tickets priced at £15 per person.
Log on to Holstein NI’s website, www.holstein-ni.co.uk, for regular updates and information on the forthcoming Causeway Classic Sale II. Alternatively, contact event organiser, Alison Beattie on 00353 87 1771480, or Holstein NI secretary, John Martin on 07711 041128.
• Holstein NI has also organised a two-day tour package which is aimed at attracting visitors from southern Ireland and mainland UK. The optional tour package is priced at £75 per person (sharing) and includes transport by coach from Belfast International Airport, farm visits, lunch, hotel accommodation including breakfast for one night, and a ticket for the Causeway Classic BBQ. The tour takes place on Wednesday and Thursday, August 11 and 12, and will include a visit to Moore Concrete’s premises in Ballymena, as well as visits to the Majestic, Glasson, Ards and Hilltara Herds. Anyone interested in joining the two-day tour should contact Wilbert Rankin on tel: 028 9442 2396.
Cogent Elvina, the UK’s Top Home-Produced Bull, is Now Available Sexed
Silent Herdsman Makes Debut at Gold Cup Open Day
Picston Shaker is the Big Daddy