John Deere has launched its first mobile phone app in the UK and Ireland, following the introduction of the John Deere FarmSight wireless technology strategy.
The free JDLink mobile telematics application allows arable farmers and contractors in particular to monitor and manage their equipment fleets on the move, from a smartphone. While the app does not have as much functionality as the full JDLink system on a laptop or desktop computer, it does include the following features:
• multiple machine mapping;
• directions to machines (based on Google maps);
• ping and share location of machines;
• view and acknowledge message alerts.
After downloading the app, customers who already have a JDLink account can simply log in and check their machines’ location and service status. Non-users can use a Demo function to explore the features provided.
The newly developed JDLink Inside telematics machine monitoring system includes hardware and a JDLink Ultimate subscription for the following John Deere product ranges – new 2012 models are being supplied with a complimentary subscription for the machine’s first year:
- new Stage IIIB compliant John Deere 8R Series and 7R Series tractors;
- new Stage IIIB compliant John Deere W660, all T-Series and all S-Series combines;
- self-propelled forage harvesters.
AutoTrac Controller Widens the Net
New John Deere 6R Series Tractors for 2012
Major Expansion of Claas RTK Network