Five Holstein breeders from England, Scotland, Canada and the USA are donating an exciting package of embryos in the Global Classic Sale taking place on Friday 2nd March, as part of UK Dairy Expo at Borderway, Carlisle.
UK Dairy Expo's Glyn Lucas
The five breeders include Anthony Brough from Tallent Holsteins, David Willcox from Nortonhill Holsteins, Angus Kennedy from Caledonia Holsteins, Jamie Judd from Juddale Holsteins and Steve Boerchers from Rainyridge Holsteins.
Money raised from this sale will go to the Young Breeders in both the Border & Lakeland and Scottish Holstein clubs.
“We really value what the youth today have to offer and we hope this will encourage them in their showing careers. The money should help both clubs take part in this year’s All Britain Calf Show that takes place in September at the Stoneleigh show grounds” says Anthony Brough who has donated a special embryo from the world renowned Aero Sharon family.
One embryo from each of these highly respected breeders will go on offer to form a mouth watering investment opportunity. The pedigrees are impressive and the cow families have all influenced the Holstein breed in a positive way over the years.
- Angus Kennedy from Caledonia Holstein, Eaglesfield, Dumfriesshire has donated an early Gillette Windhammer embryo from a VG two year Alexander, next dam is EK-Oseeana Mason Ashley EX90 maternal sister to both Ashlyns Angle EX96 and Ambrosia EX95. The grand dam is Tri-Day Ashlyn EX96 Supreme Champion at both World Dairy Expo and Royal Winter Fair in 2001.
- David Willcox from Nortonhill Holsteins, Tiverton, Devon is offering a Genervations Epic from an Alexander (virgin heifer) daughter of Reagn-ALH Lrn Dorina VG85 2yr. The rest of the sire stack is Goldwyn VG86, (full sister to top Dutch sire Danillo) O-Man VG87 and then Markwell Durham Daisy EX92.
- Anthony Brough from Tallent Holsteins, Cockermouth, Cumbria has contributed a Goldwyn egg from Tallent Mtoto Chamois VG87. This young cow is full sister to the world renowned Picston Shottle sire of many great individuals.
- Jamie Judd from Juddale Holstein Rock Springs, Wisconsin is providing the package with a Sid embryo from his much admired show cow Rainyridge Goodluck May EX95. May won many favourites at last year’s World Dairy Expo and has been a winner at the Midwest Fall National in the past two years.
- Last but not least is the donation from the Boercher family from Rainyridge Holsteins, Laurier, Manitoba. They are famous for breeding the popular show cow Rainyridge Tony Beauty EX96 and from this prolific matriarch they are offering a Windhammer embryo from Rainyridge Mr Burns Eara VG87 2yr and show winner with a big index.
The Young Breeders coordinator in Scotland Brian Weatherup from the Parkend herd said, “We are very grateful for the support and generosity from the five breeders that have kindly donated these embryos. I know the Young Breeders in both the Scottish and Border & Lakeland Clubs will be very grateful and I hope this lot will capture the attention of Holstein breeders in the UK who want to invest in some new blood lines.”
Full details of this lot and the complete Global Classic Sale can be found on www.livestock-sales.co.uk
Lovesome Hill Big Breakfast Fund-Raiser Tops £5K
Still Time to Book for NSA Scotsheep 2012
Hereford Cattle Classes Return to Northumberland County Show