Has the government landed you in it? Should you care about the fact that you have just sprayed slurry in the local burn? Would your tax credits really buy you a free tractor?
Farmers and landowners who struggle with questions like this every day will have the opportunity to update themselves on the latest legislation at a free evening seminar ‘Finding the Silver Lining on Countryside Matters’ hosted by Hexham based accountants Patricia J. Arnold & Co. Ltd in conjunction with Hexham & Northern Rural and Gibson & Co Solicitors. The event is being held on Thursday 25th February in Hexham and is part of a series of seminars celebrating twenty five years in business for Patricia Arnold and her company.
Patricia J Arnold & Co Ltd was founded in 1985 to provide accounting and taxation advice and its team combine professional qualifications with practical experience. As Patricia explains, “Like anything, when it comes to taxation, it pays to be ahead of the game - careful planning can produce some rewarding results. We recently used our knowledge of the tax and Tax Credit system to combine various ‘”tax breaks” to finance the entire cost of a tractor for one farming client!”
She continues, “Many more people working in agriculture would be able to make similar purchases if they had access to professional advice. I hope that people will be able to use some of the ideas generated by the speakers who are all experts in their field to save money and grow their businesses.”
Whether farmers are looking to invest in new equipment, find out how to make sure they are getting all the grants, tax credits and compensations they are entitled to or plan for their family’s future – this seminar, Chaired by Richard Brown of Hexham & Northern Auction Marts, will point them in the right direction.
Patricia Arnold will focus on taxation covering topics such as:
- To pay tax or not to pay tax – you choose.
- How to buy a new Tractor for free! (well almost)
- Take advantage of tax credits before they take advantage of you
Adam Barrass from Hexham & Northern Marts will add to the debate on land issues asking:
- Are you receiving the compensation you are entitled to? A Utility claim-based discussion.
- Are you reaping the benefits from Environmental Stewardship? An Environmental stewardship discussion
- The Ins and Outs of Upland Entry Level Stewardship, is it beneficial to your farm? A UELS discussion.
Derwent Gibson from Gibson & Co Solicitors is sure to interest delegates with his presentation:
- Widow takes all? Not at all
- Has anyone nicked your land?
- Phone Rings: “Health and Safety here, can we come and see you?”
- I’ve sprayed slurry in the burn. Do I care?
This seminar is free to attend. Anyone interested in obtaining further details or booking a place should email Geraldine@pjarnold.co.uk or telephone 01434 606624.
For more information on Patricia Arnold & Co Ltd. please visit www.pjarnold.co.uk
Latest Study Pinpoints Serious Farm Rodent Problems
Entries Invited for New ABN Innovation Award - British Pig & Poultry Fair 2010
Farmhouse Breakfast Serves up a £4,200 Treat for Charity