Kverneland Rau introduces its new iXtra concept. The idea of an additional tank up front is not new, but the innovative iXtra concept offers much more than just extra tank volume.
Kverneland Rau iXtra Front Tank
in combination with the iXter mounted sprayer
This concept adds capacity, flexibility and efficiency to a mounted sprayer, providing you with a fantastic sprayer that boosts productivity. The iXtra front tank is available in combination with the iXter mounted sprayer with tank volumes from 1000 up to 1800 litres and HC booms of 18, 20, 21 and 24 metre boom width. In combination with the biggest iXter mounted sprayer, the iXtra front tank provides a total volume of around 3000 litres, making the iXter-iXtra combination a serious alternative to a self-propelled sprayer.
With tractors able to carry much higher loads on their rear linkages, the need for ballast weight on the front of the tractor is essential. With a nominal volume of more than 1100 litres, the iXtra is that front end weight, adding stability to your tractor, but only when needed! The dual tank strategy with independent filling offers you the possibility to work with two separate spray tanks or cleverly, as one large sprayer with automatic balancing of tank contents. If needed, spray liquid can be transferred in both directions.
The iXtra concept with combined functions gives you more flexibility while spraying:
- One-tank approach: filled with spray liquid it boosts overall tank capacity by 60%
- Two-tank approach: filled with two different tank mixes, the front and rear tanks can be used as two independent spray tanks
- Reservoir approach: filled with clean water the iXtra front tank can be used as a reservoir for later use, for example in another field or crop.
The iXtra front tank uses the functions of the iXter sprayer when filling and spraying. This avoids the need – or additional cost – for a separate induction hopper or spray pump for the front tank. All the necessary controls are conveniently located on the sprayer and are operated from the EasySet valve panel on the iXter. The manual valve panel on the front tank is used for draining, agitation and cleaning. An electric pump guarantees mixing and cleaning, independently from the rear sprayer.
Without a front PTO shaft or hydraulic hoses, hitching and unhitching the iXtra is extremely simple: it uses only two hoses with KAMlock connections and an electrical cable – it really is that simple!
- Serious alternative to a self-propelled sprayer
- Dual tank approach for flexibility while spraying
- Smooth and extremely crop friendly design harmonised with the iXter mounted sprayer
- Excellent visibility, also on the tram lines in the field by low and compact design
- Easy operation; easy to fit, simple to unhitch and easy control of the valve panels
Kverneland iXtra, Specifications in Brief:
|Nominal tank capacity
|Maximum tank capacity
|Clean water tank capacity
||2x 65 litres
|Electrical pump capacity
Improved Ration Control on Kuhn Diet Feeders
Intelligent Farming with the Vicon RO-EDW GEOspread Spreader
Increased Raking Accuracy with New Kverneland 9471S