Businesses are urged to ‘Love Apprenticeships’ this year as Lantra, Sector Skills Council for land-based and environmental industries, has created a free website that puts interested employers in touch with learners, helping to bring an Apprentice into their workplace.
Businesses should 'Love Apprenticeships'
Apprenticeships are a great way to breathe new life into a business, as employers get to train apprentices from scratch, to ensure they develop all the right habits. They have a positive impact on businesses as highlighted in research from Apprenticeships.org.uk:
• 72% of businesses who currently employ apprentices say they made a positive contribution during the recession
• 80% of employers who employ apprentices agree they make the workplace more productive
• 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices
• 88% of apprentice employers believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
• 94% of consumers think that it is important for companies to take on apprentices during today’s economic recovery.
To help show businesses why they should get involved with this programme, Lantra has created special guidance at www.lantra.co.uk/love-apprentices. These webpages have a unique match-making service where businesses can find training providers that will be able to help the get started.
In addition to linking businesses with training providers, Lantra’s specialist Apprenticeship website also has a host of tailored tools, such as factsheets, case studies and a special Apprenticeship issue of Connect Magazine, all of which are free to read and download. In addition, visitors can review Apprenticeship frameworks and find out how to take part in consultations.
Liz Pridgeon, Lantra’s Head of Qualifications and Curriculum Development said: “Over the past few years there has been increased support from the Government for Apprenticeships, publically emphasizing the positive impact they will have on rebuilding the economy, while providing a valuable entry route into employment—a real option for learners and a real benefit for the business.”
Find out why businesses should ‘Love Apprentices’ and get started with this programme by visiting www.lantra.co.uk/love-apprentices.
Vocational Qualifications for Learners and Industry
Livestock Businesses Benefit from £3m of Grants
CLA Wales Calls for an End to Uncertainty for Renewable Energy